Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Not Worth It

Sneijder leaves door open for Manchester United move
11 February 2012


Wesley Sneijder has admitted that he could leave Inter at the end of the season - with Manchester United a possible destination.

The Dutch midfield ace was thought to be close to securing an Old Trafford move last summer but the move reportedly broke down when the two parties failed to agree personal terms.

Sniejder has distanced himself from such claims but maintains anything could happen in the future:

“There have never been any concrete contacts with Manchester United,' he said.

“I see everything, I am not blind, but there is nothing concrete right now.

“I am happy at Inter, but we will see. I currently have no contacts with other clubs and I am living day by day.

“If on the last day of the transfer window an offer had arrived, maybe I would have left. The truth is that I feel at home at Inter, but I do not know where I will play next season.”


I strongly believed that United do not need the Dutchman. Though he is world class player, he is already 28 years old. His performance also was off lately. After  reaching the heights of performance at the World Cup 2010, he seemed to slowing down. Add on with injuries his was struggling to reach his best performance. Maybe he is trying to open up his option. To see where he could end up. He earned more in Italy and I don't believe for football sake he is willing to have a pay cut. Furthermore England also had higher tax.

So it is much wiser if United try to sign players like Gaitan of Benfica, Eriksen (Ajax) and Martinez (A. Bilbao). They much younger player with huge talent. Furthermore United already had Pogba and Cleverley. Both also tend to be world class players.

No comments: