Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rooney Once an Everton Mascot


Man Utd ace Rooney: Facing Liverpool makes me sick
Tribalfootball.com
13 October 2011

Manchester United star Wayne Rooney has been recalling his first trip to Liverpool's Anfield - as an Everton mascot!

Rooney grew up a true blue fan of Liverpool's big rivals Everton and remembers the heat of some memorable Mersey derbies when he was a kid.

Particularly the one in November 1996 when he was Everton mascot, leading the team out before a rare 2-1 Anfield win.

Rooney said: "We didn't win many.

"I was mascot at Anfield and that was a great feeling.

"I used to love the games but I used to feel sick before them because I was so nervous, it was a horrible feeling.

"If you lost it was dreadful having to go back to school and face your mates who were Liverpool fans."

No comments: