Monday, September 26, 2011

Van Persie To Leave Arsenal?

Robin van Persie Contract threat
Thesun UK 



ROBIN VAN PERSIE has warned Arsenal he may not sign a new contract.

The Gunners have already lost Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri — and there are now fears skipper Van Persie could be next through the exit door.
Boss Arsene Wenger said last week the process of signing up the likes of Van Persie, 28, on fresh deals had already begun.
But Van Persie, who scored his 100th Gunners goal against Bolton on Saturday, said: "I still have almost two years left here, so for the moment that's fine. But I don't know, we will have to look.
"I'm happy with my contract, I'm good. That's how it is, I can't say much more. I can't look into the future."
Van Persie talked with Wenger before the season started about the direction the club was going in and is concerned about the quality of the squad.
Asked if he might discuss a new deal soon, Van Persie added: "Maybe I'll leave it because the main thing for me is the team and that we play well.
"I do believe you have to look for a right moment to sit down and speak about your own stuff.
"It's not only about me, it's about the team. We are not talking now because we are so busy — we have games every three or four days. I don't think it's clever to do that during the season."
Wenger said: "If you're in Robin's place and you see Nasri going and Fabregas going, then you can be worried.
"We lost Fabregas not because of a financial reason but because of an understandable reason even if it hurts us a lot.
"But Robin is not from Barcelona."
For many great players like Van Persie be in a winning team is very important. They love to play, winning many games and most of all winning as many titles  they could. Playing for famous team is not enough if they did not win titles. Van Persie is already 28. Surely he wanted to lift BPL trophy and urgently the UCL. Almost won the cup or being second fiddle is not considered a success. So it is understandable if he want to leave the Gunners.

No comments: