Monday, February 1, 2010

Devils Slayed The Gunners 3-1

Impressive win against the Gunners.

Another great game that I missed. Really wanted to watch this game. As the game start at 12  midnight and I had to wake up at 4.30 am, it really though call for me hehe. So I chose to sleep early. Although my lovely wife obediently gave a wake up call at 12, I chose to have a enough sleep. Thanks sayang.

So as usual it was anxious morning. Woke up 4.30 am then (almost) immediately me, my wife and Adam were already in the car. It was too early to have news and almost all radio station only have songs. So I had to wait a little bit. Finished the routine at 6 am where we were already at my mother in law house. So I had to wait again until I reached the office at 9am to get the result.

When I reached the office, I opened my favourite website http://soccernet.espn.go.com/ . Kinda suspense at the beginning. Then I was smiling when the headline said ' Rooney and United Run Riot.' Ha ha. Another victory. MU had double on Arsenal. This second round much sweeter as it was done at Emirates, the Gunners home turf. The result 3-1. WoW

Then I browsed for the game highlights. All three goals are magnificent, superb and marvelous. The first goal created by Nani. From the report that Nani was man of the match. He is in superb and scintillating form. Attacked from the right Nani was facing Clichy and Samir Nasri on the touchline, with a clever flick he easily passed between them. Then surged forward with Denilson tried to stop him. Again this time with little dummy he passed the Brazilian. With no one to close him down, he lofted an audicious chip. Almunia flung himself but only managed to path the ball into his net. 1-0.  Great goal.

Second goal came from typical MU masterclass counter attack. Started from loose ball from Arsenal move just outsite MU's 18 yard collected by Ji Sung Park. He quickly passed the ball to Rooney who well aware the position of on the run Nani. Without any hesitation he surged forward to Arsenal's goal who at that time had only one defender. Meanwhile Rooney also sprint forward to the center for support flanked by Ji Sung Park at his left. Nani checked then delivered much perfect weighted ball to on the run Rooney. Despite having three Arsenal players between them, the ball still reached Rooney who took it early and send it to the back of the net. Much to Arsenal despair but joy to MU. 2-0.

The third came form slick and quick passing of MU move that release Ji Sung Park. Arsenal rearguard again caught napping by MU pace.Ji Sung Park with ball at his feet surged foward to Almunia. Three Arsenal tried to chase him. Rooney and Nani also sprinted forward for support. But Ji Sung Park slot the ball under out rushing  Almunia. 3-0.

Great performance by the lads. Glad to see that MU counterattacks had provided 3 goals. And it were against the master of counterattack itself. Arsenal widely known for their great counter attack had no answer for MU swift and precise move. Again like UCL semi final last year, Ferguson had adopted  4-5-1 with Rooney as lone striker. It work into perfection. As Evra once said 'Men Against Boys.'

Glory Glory Man Utd


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sayang...you really a VERY GOOD WRITER!!!!..